Thursday 7 June 2012

Summer Nail Polish Picks

I don't know if you guys have noticed this but I really like nail polish...
SO in honour of nail polish, and I guess summer, I've compiled a list of sorts for my top nail polish picks for summer!
A lot of these nail polishes have already been featured before in some of my previous NOTD posts, so I'll provide links when possible so that you can see what they look like on
I couldn't just narrow it down to 10 colours, or whatever, so instead their in colour families. How fun!

click below to read/see more

BRIGHT PINKS:
C'mon now...we all know that bright pink nails are a staple for summer. I couldn't choose just one, but I did manage to narrow it down to 3:

  • Essie Cute as a Button - a new purchase for me (as seen in my Shoppers & Lush haul) but I know this is going to be making a lot of appearances on my nails this summer
  • OPI Charged Up Cherry - this is a deeper, but still really bright pink. This is actually the nail polish I wore on the day of my high school prom 
  • OPI Elephantastic Pink - as seen in this NOTD, if I HAD to choose just one bright pink polish, it would be this one. I can't even describe how lovely this is; it's just the perfect pink.


CORNFLOWER BLUE:
These two colours, without a doubt, remind me of the beach. Whats says summer more than the beach?


LIGHT PINKS:

Sometimes in summer, it's nice to tone thins down too once in a while. In fact, light pinks often look better with tanned skin. Perfect!
  • Essie Mademoiselle 
  • Essie Fiji - this is an opaque, very light pink. This can actually be a tricky nail colour to pull off, but it's so worth it!

BRIGHT REDS:
Not like the vampy reds that everybody likes to wear in the fall and winter, these brighter reds are actually very wearable and perfect for summer. They are more orangey based so they also kind of fit in with the coral trend for spring and summer. 

NUDES:


A great nude nail polish is another great staple colour to wear in the summer. Yes I agree, summer is all about brights, but there are sometimes when you need to tone it down. A brown or gray based nude is perfect for an elegant nail look in the summer.


MINTS & TURQUOISE

Seriously, what would summer be without mint nail polish? If mint nail polish is wrong then I don't want to be right. 
To see a full comparaison of all of my mint/turquoise nail polishes, head on over to my Comparaison Review.

LIGHT PEACHY/CORAL
Ah, orange. Such a festive colour. So fun, so vibrant, so summer. 

  • Essie Tart Deco (can be seen here and here)


YELLOW:
Summer is literally the only time of year you can get away with wearing yellow nail polish, in my opinion. Don't take it for granted. Yellow nails are fabulous!
  • Nail Paint by Barry M Lemon


NEON:

Neon + Tan = Magic! I also don't think it's very fitting to wear bright neon nail polish in the winter, but it's perfect for summer. Especially with neon being a major trend this season, now is the perfect time to wear it on your nails.

  • China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So there you have it! My nail polish picks for summer. There are still lots of shades to choose from within each colour family, but I think that these are the main colours that I will be sporting this summer

xoxoDarlingBuds

2 comments:

  1. look at all the colours - i want want want x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, gorgeous colours :) I love the Essie Cute as a Button one, would love that!

    http://beckyleight.blogspot.com
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...