Sunday 11 March 2012

Purple & Gold, an EOTD (eye of the day)

After my last FOTD post, I was inspired to use more golden eyeshadows. After watching Tiffany D's tutorial for a bronzed and purple look (found here) I knew I wanted to try a look for myself.
I really like the way this look turned out. I wore this out in the daytime and I wasn't shy to be seen with this eye look; and I can also definitely re-create this look for night time. I did my usual face routine as a base, and then these are the products I used for my eyes...
EYES: 
I used 3 Wet n Wild palette to create this look. From left to right: Silent Treatment, Lust, Vanity. The colours marked with an "X" are the ones I used on my eyes. The silvery-purple shade from the Silent Treatment trio is what I sued as a base all over the lid. The two darker purple shades from the Lust palette were used on the middle and outer part of the lid. The two shimmery golden shades from the Vanity palette were used in the crease. And the top lightest, matte shade from the Lust palette was used as a brow highlight.
mascara: CoverGirl lastblast 24hr
eyeliner #1: Urban Decay 24/7 glide on pencil in Ransom (used on the lower waterline)
eyeliner #2: Benefit Gilded pencil (used on the lower lash line)
eyebrows: Maybelline MasterShape eyebrow pencil in Blonde

And that's the finished look! I really like how it turned out. I'll admit, throughout the day I did notice that colours blended together, melting into one solid colour more or less, but I still like it :)

xoxoDarlingBuds


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...