Wednesday 29 February 2012

NOTD: featuring Wet n Wild


I featured this nail polish colour in part #5 of my nail polish collection post here.
This is a really awesome duo-chrome colour. It changes from a purple, to a blue, to a greenish-gray. It's so awesome. It's similar to a few other duo-chrome polishes out there, including Deborah Lippmann's "Wicked" which retails for approximately $20CAD, whereas Wet n Wild polishes are typically $2 - $4. 

The staying power of this polish is surprisingly good. But like I said, the main great thing about this polish is the awesome colour. I'm not typically into metallic-duo chrome colours on my nails, but for this colour I'll make an exception. 

I haven't tried any other polishes from Wet n Wild apart from this one, but I definitely want to. They have 3 different ranges of polishes: fastdry, megalast, and another one I can't remember and am too lazy to look up. I've heard really good things about the megalast, so if I find a colour I like, I'll give 'em a go.
Another fun this about this NOTD post is that I used a matte top coat. I thought that it gave a really nice finish to a duo-chrome nail, since there's already so much sheen going on with the colour. I'm into layering glitters with matte top coats because it changes up the effects of the finishes. It's neat! 


Ciao for now!
xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...