Wednesday 1 February 2012

NOTD: featuring Misa & Revlon



Technically this is NOY (Nail of Yesterday) but let's not get too technical. I'm not really feeling this look to be quite honest with you. I love the Misa blue colour in "Blue Over a Boy" but the Revlon glitter colour "Whimsical" is so wimpy. There are hardly any big chunks of glitter (a huge disappointment considering how well Revlon "Sparkling" turned out). The thing about Revlon "Whimsical" is that there are really fine particles of glitter that are barely noticeable to the naked eye, let alone in a photograph. And although the glitters are floating around in a baby blue polish, the blue doesn't even turn up on a naked nail. All in all, I'm disappointed by this Revlon colour and I will think twice from now on before purchasing another glittery Revlon polish.


Misa nail lacquers on the other hand are great! You can get a good opaque colour in only one coat. I had never heard of them before but I found them at my local Trade Secrets. They run for $7.95 a bottle, and I find them to be better than Essie. They have a mass array of different colours ranging from shimmer, to glitter, to regular ole' solid colours. I only have 2 Misa polishes at the moment but I am definitely in the market for more (but not yet...new years resolution, I know)


And there you have it...another NOTD


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...