Monday 6 February 2012

Nail Polish Collection: Part #2 Essie

Part #2: Essie nail polishes
Not to be biased, but I think this is the prettiest array of colours in my collection. 
The colours are just so girly, pretty, unique, and wearable. 
So let's get on to the fist grouping, Pinks & Mauves
pinks & mauves

From left to right: Mademoiselle, Fiji, Miss Matched, Lady Like.
Mademoiselle is new to my collection, so I don't really know how that one wears, but I've heard good things. It's supposed to be just a really nice sheer, pale pink. Fiji is an opaque chiffon pink. Miss Matched is kind of a strange mauve-pink. I don't find myself reaching for this colour very much because I think it looks a little dirty on me. Lady Like can be seen in one of my NOTD posts here. Lady Like is one of my favourite go to nail colours. It's a dusty pink, that's verging on beige. Looks great!

Next colour grouping is Warm, Wintery & Cozy.
warm, wintery & cozy

From left to right: Angora Cardi, Mink Muffs, Wicked, Chinchilly.
Just from the names of these colours you can tell that they are really warm and fall/wintery (well I guess not "Wicked," but that's beside the point). Mink Muffs is my fave colour from this group. It's a super warm & cuddly brown...like a teddy bear. Wicked is a classic dark, vampy red, a great colour to have in any collection. I haven't found myself drawn to Angora Cardi or Chinchilly as of late, but I sense a time for them is coming soon...

Next up, the funnest group of the bunch, Greens & Blues
greens & blues

From left to right: Sew Psyched, Turquoise & Caicos, Mint Candy Apple, Absolutely Shore, Lapis of Luxury.
I did of NOTD as well with Absolutely Shore which can be read here. It's a beautiful light, sea-foam green colour which works well for all seasons. Lapis of Luxury has it's own NOTD post as of recently and can be viewed here. Lapis is a really nice periwinkle-blue colour that would be a perfect colour for spring!
You can tell from the photo that I have a thing for greenish-blue hues. Turquoise & Caicos, Mint Candy Apple and Absolutely Shore are basically all in the same colour family, just a few shade lighter than the previous. Sew Psyched is a really unique khaki green colour that looks better than one would assume. Give it a chance!

And that's it for my Essie nail polishes!
Essie makes some of my all time favourite nail polishes. I really like the staying power that the polishes have, but I'm not a huge fan of the brush. It takes some getting used to because it isn't as stiff as OPI brushes; they're a little flimsy. All in all, good stuff from Essie and I recommend the bran whole-heartedly.
Until next time!

xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...