Thursday 9 February 2012

FOTD Valentine's Day Makeup: Think Pink!

I'm not really into the whole Valentine's day thing, but I can't deny that I love the little trinkets and baubles that shops sell around this time. I love all the little cute little heart shaped things that come out at this time of year, but the holiday itself is a bummer. 
To lighten my spirits, I decided to do a little Valentine's Day makeup idea. Enjoy!

CHEEKS:
I followed by regular foundation routine, found here. I switched up the blush a bit though by choosing a more pink blush rather than coral. I used the Maybelline Dream Bouncy blush in "pink blush" underneath my setting powder (because it's a cream blush) and then I topped it with my MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in "Blonde" for some more pink and little shimmer. 


EYES:
For the eyes, as per usual, I primed my lids with MAC's painterly paint pot. This product is perfect because it washes out any discolouration or veins that show on my eyelids with a pale pink that matches my skin tone - so it's just like second skin!
I chose all pink colours for this Valentine's Day tutorial (go figure), and it just so happens that the best pinks I have are all from MAC.
orb, jest, da bling, cranberry
From left to right: Orb, Jest, Da Bling, Cranberry. I used jest on the inner half of my lid to lighten it up a bit. Da Bling went on the outer half of my lid to add even more of a pink pop! I used cranberry in the outer V to darken up the outer part of my eye and to add definition. Orb is a boring, skin tone, satin finish colour that used under my brow bone for a highlight.

To define the eye even more, I used my Physician's Formula eye boosting liquid eyeliner in Black and created a winged eyeliner shape.

To soften up the liner, I used my cranberry eyeshadow again and a flat angled brush to make the line a little less black and a little more pink. Running an eyeshadow over an eyeliner (gel or liquid preferably) is a really quick and easy way to create a soft eyeliner and add a bit of colour. 


LIPS:
I followed through with the pink theme and chose to do a hot pink lip. I used a new product from CoverGirl called blast lipstick in the shade Perky to create a ombre effect to the lips. This product is double-ended: one side is darker, while the other is more shimmery and lighter. By applying the lighter shade in the centre of the lip creates a fuller looking lip. 
I topped it off with a lipgloss from Revlon from the ColorBurst range in the colour Hot Pink. Fun lip look - check!

And that's, that! Not going to lie, this is a really pink look. But it's festive and Valentine's day oriented so it's allowed.


Happy Valentine's Day!


xoxoDarlingBuds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...